The New World

I was running down a stone corridor panicking I looked behind my shoulder and saw lights from torches I was being chased. I kept running soon they caught up and they were yelling “Burn the traitor burn the traitor”! I pulled out my sword I had no choice they were going to kill me as they advanced I killed them one by one they fell to the ground lifeless I kept running but more came the villagers were going to catch me sooner or later I tried to find a way out of this maze but no luck I tried going back the way I came and still no luck.
There was a roar from deeper in the tunnels the villagers continued to run after me I ran further towards the roar and soon they ran away I continued down into the darkness soon I came to a door I opened it and there was a minotor there staring at me as if I were it's food. It charged at me and I fought back but soon it knocked me to the ground. I was so terrified that my life would end here. It jumped at me and I stabbed it, it fell to the ground then I saw a glow in a small archway I looked at it and saw water flowing through it and a current going from the top of the arch way to the ground I walked around and saw that it was magic of some kind I walked through it from the back and I went straight through it. Then walked through it from the front and I saw a flash and when the flash was gone I was laying on a plain of green grass I stood up and saw a Castle a short distance away. It wasn't the one that I escaped It was...different then the other castles I've been to. I walked through the gate and saw it was a city guarded by soldiers and archers the villagers were friendly and they were smiling and were happy I went up to the palace and it was heavily guarded and fortified but villagers walked through it I asked one of the guards if I could speak with the king the guard asked me to follow him he lead me to the throne room and there was a man about the age of 23 sitting on the throne he looked at me and said “So I have a visitor come closer if you wish”. I walked up to him and got on me knees he stood up and said “There is no need to bow dear friend everyone here is equal so stand if you wish”.
I stood up and said “Your majesty I am wondering where I am”. The king sat down and said “You are in Linotrint the kingdom that is always peaceful there is no such thing as the death penalty here you commit a crime you are watched closely if you murder someone then we have to outcast them from the city so tell me friend what has brought you here”. I looked down for a second and looked back up and said “I walked through what appeared to be a portal made of water and I woke up here”. The king stood up and said “May I see your sword sir”. I gave it to him he examined it and said “I see...you are from very far away we don't see blades like this here but they way it has been made it would break if it struck one our shields...and if I may ask why are you not wearing any armour”?
“I was a knight in training until I was accused of being a traitor”. The king gave the sword to a guard and said “Traitor to another kingdom or not you are welcome here always remember that as for your sword I shall give you one of the best swords we have you will not find a better quality sword any where else”. The king called for one of the guards and said “Tell Barris I request him and his best sword to come meet me here in the throne room”. The guard walked out and a few minutes later a Man with black hair walked in with a sword and said “You requested me my king”?
“Yes I did I wish to introduce you to our newest Knight he is from very far away and he is in need of a better sword so please Barris give the sword to our friend here”. Barris walked up to me and said “It is nice to meet you sir here...my finest sword is at your command”. I accepted the sword and pulled it out it was so light yet it felt like it was extremely powerful. I put it away and said “Thank you”. Barris smiled and walked out of the room.
“So friend what is your name?” The king asked me. I walked closer to him and said “My name is Max, Max Darkfist”. The king walked to the window and said “And my name is Adreian Lithium”. I walked to the window and said “Well Adreian I say this s going to be a good life here in Linotrint”.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!