That's What You Get

As the blood trickled down my face, I felt the movements stop. The breaths becoming shorter, the heartbeats slowing and the pulse weakening.
It was late Saturday night and I was sipping a drink at a bar and observing everyone in the room. As I scanned the faces, a particular pair of eyes met mine... again. Distractedly I set my drink down and took my phone out- 12.17am. As I looked up, I found I was looking into that same pair of eyes but they were closer.
“Hi”, he said, “I’m Will. Can I buy you a drink?”
As he was ordering our drinks, I looked at him closely. His black hair was wild and his bronze skin glowed. He turned around, handed me my drink, and when my cool skin touched his, I felt him shiver. His eyes looked suspicious, but I flashed him my best smile and he gazed at me in wonder.
“So tell me about yourself,” I said and listened to his story. His name was Will, he had just finished college, was working at a law firm in the city and was 25. I then told him about how I had just moved to Seattle from New York. I checked the time again; we had been talking for over two hours and I had to get home. I told him, “That’s fine,” he said, “would you like me to walk you home?”
Everything was still as we walked down the empty streets. I wasn’t very familiar with this part of the city but Will seemed to be. Snow was beginning to fall now; I couldn’t see very far in front of me and suddenly Will had disappeared.
Without warning someone grabbed me from behind. I tried to break free but the hold was too strong. The last thing I remember was a huge blow to the back of my head.
I woke up and was bound to a chair. Masking tape covered my mouth and my hands and feet were tied together. The door opened and Will walked towards me laughing and pulled the tape off my mouth. I had frantically planned my almost impossible escape because we both knew what he was going to do. He lowered himself to my level and leant in to kiss me. I shied away, but he turned my chin towards him and kissed my lips. I now knew what I had to do. In desperation, I leant in towards him. Just as he thought I was going to kiss him, I sank my teeth into his neck and drained the blood from his body.
As the blood trickled down my face, I felt his movements stop. His breaths becoming shorter, his heartbeats slower and his pulse weakening. His body slumped lifelessly in my arms. I smiled to myself. That’s what you get for trying to kill a vampire.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!