Ocean Mystery

Long ago, all the sea creatures in the world lived together. It was a peaceful place to live, with exotic coral and sea plants. But mysteriously, one day everyone disappeared. No one knew how, and it remained a mystery for centuries. What made it all the more puzzling was on the very night before all the sea creatures disappeared a huge ship named Henry 2 sank down, down, down to the bottom of the sea. It was all very peculiar but nobody had ever tried to solve it. Then one day everything changed.
It was morning. Hayley woke up to the sound of singing birds and light streaming through her window. She stared around the room. Where was she? Ah… now I remember, we’re on holiday!
Meanwhile, under the sea, there was a party going on at coral café aboard Henry 2. It was to celebrate Angel taking over the café. Angel was the prettiest fish in all Crystal Bay. She was very kind and everyone liked her and was pleased to make her feel happy. She was such a sweet fish….
Hayley jumped out of bed, raced down to the kitchen, grabbed a piece of toast and went to kiss her mum goodbye. “Where do you think you are going?” exclaimed mum. “Can I go diving please?” asked Hayley “Yes, but you must take your big brother Mitchell with you.” Mitchell looked up from eating his toast. “Come on sis” he said “It’ll be fun, we might even discover Henry 2!” “What’s Henry 2?” Hayley was curious. “Well it was a ship that disappeared over four-hundred years ago and some people think that it sank here at Crystal Bay!”
Back under the sea, there was a huge commotion. “Attention!” Yelled Constable Black Fin “Shush!” “The Salmon Emperor is coming!” All the sea creatures bowed their heads to the wise Salmon Emperor. “I hear” said the Salmon Emperor “that something odd has been going on and I seek someone to tell me what has been happening.” The Salmon Emperor pointed to Flipper the dolphin. “Well”, Flipper began “Turco the turtle has disappeared and I can’t find him anywhere in the ship.”
At this same moment Hayley and Mitchell dived down into the sea and saw a strange turtle. They followed the turtle until they saw an old rusty ship half buried in the coral reef. They gaped in awe for a long time when they realized that they had discovered Henry 2. Another strange sight greeted them. They saw what looked like a party going on in the ship with the most colorful and weirdest fish ever seen. Hayley and Mitch swam away slowly, excited because they had solved the mystery of Henry 2 and wondered about the mysterious fish. One week later both mysteries were solved. Hayley and Mitch’s father who was a marine scientist identified the fish and discovered that they were a species lost for millenniums. Angel got renamed. Her name is now Hayley’s Angel!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!