Terror


Salt is spraying up and we’re getting drenched in water from the enormous waves that keep on pounding.
“Something’s burning!” The captain shouts. People on board scurry around looking for something that’s burning. Finally I find out that the motor was steaming hot and is about to blow up!
Bang! The motor blows up and most of the boat’s damaged. Smash, a gigantic wave pounds over and the boat starts to sink. People start jumping over the rails, but I decide not to, to save my precious energy.
Now we’re all in the water and with only seven life jackets and eleven people we decide that the best choice is to share the life jackets around.
All of a sudden a shiver of terror quickly spreads through the group and, out of nowhere, the king of the sea leaps with tremendous force out of the water and gobbles one of our crew mates up in one easy bite. The Great White shark has dangerously sharp teeth as white as snow and very dull eyes.
Tiredly we wake up and make sure ‘any’ danger has passed. We look out for any rescue planes or choppers that fly over.
The first excitement since the first fish caught yesterday has come to the group with a rescue chopper in sight but flies directly over our heads and doesn’t see us. Plenty more fly over but none see us.
With our thirst getting extreme we are desperate to get rescued.
At last rescue plane last sees us and we hop aboard but the plane doesn’t have any water and it’s about an hour’s trip back to land!
Suddenly the plane goes out of control and starts whizzing about through the air.
Crash, the plane crashes near Antarctica into the icy waters. So we hurriedly open the emergency door and swim up to the top of the water with life jackets on, but our next problem is just as bad! Now another rescue plane has to come and rescue us.
Now our thirst is extremely bad, so now it’s just a race against time for a rescue plane to find us again.
This time we are quick to arise from our sleep as whales appear on the horizon. But still we have to quench our thirst and water is getting desperate.
Lots of planes and helicopters are in sight, but we’re not sighted. Fortunately one helicopter finally sees us and we jump aboard. But some of us are just about to faint and it’s urgent to get us to land.
We land but three of the people left who survived from the catastrophic accident have fainted.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!