Basketball News Report

12th, April, 2008
On Saturday the South Dragons finally got a spot on the ladder on their way to the grand final! All their effort over four years finally paid off.
The score against the team The Great Americans was a staggering 114-75 for the South Dragons. The South Dragons were jumping up and down.
The coach had to say that he was impressed and astonished when he thought that they were going to lose, but they took out a grand final spot right on the last few seconds. We interviewed the man who shot the winning goal.
He said, “I can’t believe that I won the semi-finals for the team! When I realised I got the ball in I was about to cry tears of joy!”
We also took the liberty of interviewing the opposing side and they had nothing more to say but that it was a good game and that they are happy for the Dragons to win.
From everyone in the team, we wish the Dragons good luck for their big grand final match next week against The Almighty Reds.
19th, April, 2008
It is the day of the big game for the South Dragons and they are fired up and ready to go! The rivals, The Almighty Reds are also fiery to go and win themselves another grand final.
Before the games we interviewed Michael Comente, he had to say, “This is an intense game tonight and the Almighty Reds will give it all they got to carry out a win for the third time in a row.”
After Michael Comente from the Almighty Reds, we interviewed Rokken Dennis and he had to say, “To day is an intense day but we have organised a team plan that if we stuck to it, it would work!”
Two hours in the game and the score was dead even, but on the ring of the bell, Rokken Dennis got a two throw foul, if he didn’t get it in now all hope would be lost. The first shot that he took completely missed the ring but the second shot was a swish that went straight through! The South Dragons had won once again another grand final!
They carried Rokken off the court while singing their team song out loud. The team ran after them to congratulate them on their win and interviewed and couch, he had to say, “It was a heart stopping moment when the first shot completely missed but the boys had complete faith in Rokken to shot us a finally goal and win it.”
We also thought it was fair to interview the opposing team coach and he had to say, “Yes I have to admit it but the Dragons are fairly good now and we are disappointed on the lost, but we are also happy for the Dragons and hope them good luck next year round.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!