Haunted

As we jumped into the green family car we were on our way to Sanfuru, the town that we are going to move to. “That means new school, new friends and teachers! And a new house” sighed Lucy as she complained to her parents.

“Are we there yet?” repeated Ben every 5 minutes.
“No, stop complaining the more you do then the less chance that you’ll get an ice-cream from the nearest service station okay!” said Dad
“Ice-cream! Yeah I’ll be quiet!” Ben squealed excitedly.

Later Mum said something “huh what was that darl?” Dad asked.
“We’re here! This is our house!” shouted Mum
“WOW! It’s huge” Ben and Lucy screamed with amazement. As they all gazed at the huge old mansion, they couldn’t wait to take a look around inside their house. When they jumped out the car they unpacked all their stuff and rested for the night.

All night Lucy was tossing and turning AND shouting “Leave me alone Mary!” screamed Lucy.
Then Mum came running in.
“Are you alright? What happened?” cried Mum
“I’m fine okay!” Lucy said still in horror.

Next morning Lucy and Ben woke up to the smell of scrambled eggs on toast.

“What’s for brekkie mum?” Ben asked.
“What else your favourite!” said Mum.
“Morning mum” said Lucy.
“Hey why don’t you try sleeping without making me wake up!” said Ben.
“I’m sorry!” said Lucy.

When Mum left for work Ben and Lucy were left at home by themselves.

“Okay I’m going to have a shower” said Lucy
As Lucy walked down the hall all you could hear were screams from a girl who just saw a ghost. Ben raced down the hall way to see what had happened but Ben couldn’t see Lucy at all. When Mum and dad arrived home Ben told them what had happened they were both in deep shock Mum started to burst into tears.

They searched and searched but Lucy was no where to be found in or out of the house so Mum, Dad and Ben all moved back to there old house because they were so scared that it might happen to Ben. They continue to miss Lucy and wonder why she got taken by Mary the ghost.

And that’s the mystery of Haunted.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!