My Awesome Story

Here I am, trying to think of a story to write up for this “write4fun” writing competition, with only a day to complete it or else - homework detention. The prizes look awesome, so I’m going to enter. I would probably pick the Nintendo Wii because my brothers would love to have that (and so would I). Not to mention the $500 for myself and another $500 for my school!
Anyways, back to my story. So, what to talk about? Hmm today at school was a decent day. First up we had maths. Yep, good old maths. We did times table’s first, our twos and fours, which I blitzed. Unfortunately we have our twelves coming up so I better get practicing if I want to ace that. Oh Snap! That reminds me, more homework to do, just great.
It’s tough being a kid, you should try it sometime. Homework, school, homework, school. Okay, enough of my whining - for now. It’s not all bad being a kid, there are weekends where you can just chill and hangout, after you have done your homework that is. Oh sorry! I forgot. No more whining. But seriously what is with all the homework?
I can’t believe that I’m sitting here, writing a story about me trying to write a story. This story has to be less than 500 words right? Yea, thought so. I probably shouldn’t be talking about how bad I want to finish writing this story, no offence or anything. It’s just that I’m missing Neighbours, my favourite TV show at the moment and I have been trying to write this story for hours. It will be about 10pm by the time I finish this. I feel like a complete idiot talking to myself, hopefully this will be a creative and interesting story for you to read – or maybe not.
I might tell you a bit about myself. Well first, my name is Paige Berthold. I’m 13 years old; I’m a girl just in case you couldn’t tell by the name, (even though Paige is a girl’s name). I absolutely love animals. There’s nothing more in the world that I love more well, apart from Mum and Dad. Oh and my brothers, Brock and James. Wait, wait and my sister Cassie. Okay, and my friends. So much for there’s nothing more in the world.
I have loads of pets. First there is Pedro, a green cheek conure, he is a little bugger. Then there is SpongeBob, a ring neck parrot, and boy can he bite hard! Ouch! I have two little budgies, which are angels, there’s Tweety and Booger. Yes Booger, I know. What a funny name. Well he is green so I thought, why not? I also have two dogs, Boo and Zoey. They are gorgeous. I also had two cats and another dog but sadly they died. WHOOPS, I have almost gone past 500 words. Well I guess I have to go now. Give me the prize!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!