Red Soldiers

Red soldiers line up, armed with long hoses and metal trucks, shiny.
They move in to face the raging enemy, whose name is disaster and tragedy.
He suffocates their throats and blackens their faces, so the red soldiers attack with wet, blue bullets.
The enemy responds by cremating homes of the innocent.
Red soldiers call for air back up, to try to sizzle out the scorching foe.
The air back up drenches with colossal atomic bombs,but the fierce enemy has a friend called gusting wind.
The enemy is rising, more force, fierce and deadly.
Red soldiers march in,they are attacked by roaring flames.
Huge, proud trucks explode in the attacking shame.
Red soldiers retreat, back to where they came, watching the blazing enemy incinerate the cattle.
Their massive opponent moves in, racing like a horse without a saddle.
Red soldiers are cornered, like a duck in hunting season.
Finally, after a long battle, a gift from the gods comes rushing down.
Like a garden hose on the loose, the rain pours.
The terrible adversary fades away,
Only leaving embers on the ground.
The red soldiers jump and cheer
and give blessings to the ones who died here.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!