"I Want To Feed"

“Hey you’ll never get me,” yelled Matt as he ran into the forest. “Matt, its hunted?” screamed Lachlan chasing him. After a while, Lachlan started getting tired. While Matt slowly disappeared, Lachlan heard the oddest noise. It sounded like an olden days jail chain rattling. “What was that?” whispered Lachlan quickly turning around. “Who’s there?” he yelled as he jumped up then tripped and fell into the swamp. Matt slowly crept behind him, then screamed at the top of his lungs. “Arrrrrrrrrrrrr,” yelled Lachlan spinning around and shooting Matt with his toy gun. “It’s getting dark and we should be getting home,” said Matt pulling himself off the ground. “OK,” replied Lachlan following Matt up the steep hill.
After they’d walked for about an hour, Lachlan noticed something. “Hey Matt, look, it’s the same pile of rocks as before”. “Oh no! I think we’re going around in circles” sighed Matt.
“Look” said Lachlan pointing to an old house, “I never saw that before”. “ Its raining and I don’t want to be stuck out here,” said Matt walking inside the house. “I’m starving,” said Lachlan. “Me to!” replied Matt walking to the kitchen. “Damn, there’s nothing to eat,” cried Lachlan walking up the stairs. “Matt come up here,” yelled Lachlan. “There are two beds and I’m going to sleep in one of them’ said Lachlan. As the boys just finished getting into bed, a crack of lightning lit up the room and to their horror they saw a girl standing in the room pointing at them. She had greasy unkempt hair, her skin was blue and she was wearing old black rags. “I want to feed” she said moved closer. The boys leapt out of their bed and sprinted down the stairs.
As they raced to the front door, another bolt of lightning lit up the room. The girl was standing by the door surround by at least six other people all with their hands stretched out and chanting “We want to feed”. The boys froze. “Oh no,” cried Matt. “I think that they are vampires.”
“Lachlan come with me,” said Matt sprinting to the bedroom. But Lachlan was too slow. As Matt turned around he saw Lachlan getting dragged away. “Help me Matt,” screamed Lachlan. Matt quickly jumped down the stairs. He found a wooden stake and stuck it through the creep’s heart. Then it let go of Lachlan’s leg “come on I know a way out,” yelled Matt quickly running up stairs. “Look,” said Lachlan. “There’s a chair, We can use it to climb out of the window,” said Matt putting the chair against the wall. The boys climbed out of the window and then quickly scurried down the downpipe. As Matt turned around he saw the creeps climbing out of the window.
The boys ran for about 20 minutes until finally they reached the highway. “I’m starving,” said Matt. “Meeeee tooooo,” said Lachlan, reaching out to Matt……“I want to feed…”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!