King Wave

One scorching hot day at forty three degrees two best mates Baily Elis and Kingsley Wild went out to the Margaret River beach to watch the river mouth surf. As they say the waves are never big because they are both local champ body boarder’s.
“Hey Baily you want to start surfing? “
”Yeah maybe “replied Baily
“Come on Bailes you know you wanna we‘re all ready, got three trophies each” said Kingsley
“Ok wait we don’t have any gear like wet suits or surf boards” explained Baily with disappointment
“I have an idea “said Kingsley curiously.
On the next day the boys met at the Op shop
“What are we doing here?” said Baily confused “this is were we are going to get our gear” said Kinsley.
So they set off and got two old wet suits and two dinged up boards. Then went down Hillzee’s surf shop and got them repaired. The wet suits they got Ryan’s Mum to sew them up. After one week they were riding the big ones home but the next day it was a stormy day and the wind was howling at a great thirty three knots and two and a half meter swell. Baily was thinking of sharks but Kingsley was thinking trophies “let’s go” said Kinsley in excitement “NO WAY “said Baily in shock
“what ever “said Kingsley in disappointment.
“Oi, Baily wake up it’s a great day out there” said Kingsley “I’ll be there in a minute “said Baily so the boys got down the beach and by the time they got there the weather was dead flat. They started talking but in no time in all they were on a twenty foot over head king wave and they were slaying that monster til it fell dead on the shore “Hey Baily lets go again “said Kingsley in through and barrel.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!