Terror Dactyls

The jets roar as Bobby powered them up. Bobby was on a practice flight for two hours. Bobby sped along the runway as the plane started to lift he powered up the engines even more, and then he was in the air.
After half an hour he was getting ready for his bombing run when out of the clouds came something he’d never seen before heading straight for him. He shot a missile at it but its thick amour protected it. Bobby radioed the base.
“This is Bobby to base, I’ve just ran into some big bird thing, need back up”
“Back up on the way, over.”
When the back up arrived Bobby got in attack formation. Everyone fired at the big bird thing. It fell 3000 feet to the ground Bobby and the back up went back to the base. Bobby was last to land. He powered down the engines to land he got out of jet plane, got his gear off then went into the control tower. The controller said
“What was that thing?” Bobby said
“I don’t know.” Bobby drew a diagram. One hour later he had a picture of the beast.
“Sir I am detecting something from the north?”
Then came 16 big flying beasts Bobby said they were the things that attacked him. The boss said
“Man the guns.” Bobby ran to a gun. Then another heap came, Bobby and his army were outnumbered. The beasts were just tearing though the base like fur. No one could believe it. The battle went on for days then when two jets were trying to land from low petrol. They were getting closer to the base they see the commotion. They helped. One by one they were getting closer to victory after one more day there were no beasts left. Everyone was happy and celebrated but the base was still destroyed.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!