The Spirit Of Graham Murray

The Spirit of Graham Murray
A few years back in the city of Edinburgh, the Late Joshua McDonald had a ghost haunting his kitchen. The ghost was the spirit of the first owner of the house, Graham Murray, who was murdered in that house by Joshua’s grandfather in 1840 because he owed Graham money that he didn’t have, so he killed him so he didn’t have to pay it. But Joshua doesn’t know that.

This spirit has been turning all of Joshua’s food bad and dropping things from the kitchen cupboards e.g. glasses, mugs, bowls, and cutlery. One day the food that was turned bad was worse than other days because it was poisoned. Joshua was rushed to hospital due to food poisoning. Once Joshua was in hospital, Graham’s spirit totally trashed the house and wrote clearly on the bedroom walls, IF I DIED IN THIS HOUSE, YOU SHALL DIE TOO!!! When Joshua returned home, he stared in horror at his vandalised house and wept at the unforgettable message written on his bedroom walls. He started to ask around to see if anything strange or peculiar had occurred in his house in the past. Old man Munro from across the road explained that Joshua’s grandfather had murdered the original owner of that house. Joshua looked in total horror at Mr. Munro as he explained that Graham Murray was killed in the kitchen and that helped him realise that the man’s spirit was poisoning his food to try and kill him and it was working.
A few days later the spirit dropped a pile of plates on Joshua’s head which made him go a little bit crazy, the next door neighbours were suspicious so they called an ambulance.

Doctors were trying to do everything they could to save the old man from dying, but nothing would work, they then stood back from his small hospital bed and all in unison cried “I know not!” and Joshua fell asleep. He never woke up. You could just see Graham at home smiling, putting up another tally mark on the walls, “That’s the third McDonald dead, and that should teach that family a lesson.” And then it went to bed.


The End
By Grace Sneddon 10 yrs old
The Taree Public School
Home Address: 356 Waterloo Rd
Firefly
New South Wales 2429
Australia

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!