Olivia The Singer

Olivia the Singer

By Brigitte Crawley

Olivia was a pretty girl with dark brown hair and light blue eyes. One day Olivia woke up feeling quite scared. Because today was the day she had to sing in front of her town of Duckdale. Olivia loved to sing “lalalaaa….”

But today she felt different when she went to get a drink she dropped the cup. When she went to pick up the cup she slipped on the water and bruised her knee. So she went to lie down, but she went into her brother’s room and she fell asleep. She slept until her dad said “get up what kind of joke do you think this is?” “I don’t know dad” replied Olivia, rubbing her eyes.

I’d better get dressed said Olivia, “its one o’clock. I have to leave here at two o’clock.” Olivia planned how to get ready, “I’ll get in the shower ok, then I’ll get dressed and then we’ll go.”

When Olivia and her Dad got to the competition they went in. They got there just in the nick of time. Olivia went on stage and sang, she had so much fun. After all the children had sung the Announcer came on stage and said “third place is Georgina Lewis, second place is Olivia Best first place is Rebecca Hanson. Thanks for coming folks. Good night.”

Olivia felt so proud that she had tried her best, and she began to sing "lalalaa...."




FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!