Ocean Dwellers

“Help, help, I am going to drown!”
I was driving home after work when a car crashed into me and it pushed me in the water, and that is why I am here. I always did want to explore the ocean floor, but not like this. “Wait what was that”, I said as something rushed passed the car. Was that a car? Yip, this is the end. I am sure there was a guy in the car, but he had a blue arm with a fin. Then the door broke open and I fell in the deep blue sea. A blue human like figure was coming to me, I blacked out….

When I woke up I found myself in a bed. “Phew, it was just a dream”, I said to myself relieved. When I looked around, all the walls were white. On the walls were posters on drinking water. I saw there was a chain above my head and it had a note on, “Pull to call”.
Obviously I pulled it to find out were I was. Two nurses immediately came in. They had their arms behind their backs. They stood at the door. When I asked them were I was, they came a bit closer, I noticed that they were full of make-up and one of them had hair that looked skew, she must wear a wig for some other reason. They answered in a gentle voice, “You are in hospital”.
“When will I be leaving?” I said, in an inpatient voice. They answer unsurely, “You have to stay for some … tests”.
“What tests?” I asked unhappily. “Umm, umm” they replied. They were not answering me and that made me upset. I grappled the pillow behind by back and through it at the nurse with the skew hair. The nurse with the skew hair caught the pillow and in the process I saw that she had blue arms with a fin. I then realised that they were not human. “Who and what are you?” I said frightened.
A blue figure walked in, “I will explain, thank you ladies” and the nurses walked out.
“You are the guy who re-rescued me” I said surprised and thankfully.
“Yes, I could not leave you to drown, but let me explain.
We are ocean dwellers that live in a tower that moves along with the currents. Our tower got stuck in a wreck that is on the ocean floor, now we need the earth vehicles to help us to get out of the wreck. We are almost mobile again, but unfortunately we can’t let you go back.” Then he left.

I thought for hours, eventually I decided that I would stay, learn their ways but never forget where I came from. They have lots of technology that could be used for us on earth. Maybe I could save the world from all its problems.

Epilogue: 30 yeas later. I did it, I have created new era of world peace.

The end.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!