Oh No

I woke up with a sweating brow. I figured I should go for a walk, so I stumbled out of my tent into the open forest. I sleepily gazed to the grim horizon of trees. I saw a light glow in the distance. My body froze. My thoughts stopped and I became absorbed as I blindly scampered towards the light.
I fell to the ground fatigued from my zombie like walk into the woods. Suddenly a rasping voice rang out through the trees.
“Max, oh Max won’t you come and visit me?” said the voice.
“Who are you? What are you?” I replied.
I screamed as a ghastly white spectre floated out of the fortress like row of trees. My jaw dropped as the white figure grasped my shoulder.
“Going for a walk my dear” smirked the spectre. I pulled away from her grasp.
“Going so soon? I was hoping you could stay a while. Oh well I guess I’ll just have to find another way to keep you here” she said. I ran, the ghost right behind me until we reached the tents. I stuck my hand in until I felt something, my torch! I flicked it on and the beam of light shot out at the ghost and it wailed with a terrifying scream. I lay in my tent with the banshee dead. I could finally sleep.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!