Fear

There once was a small girl who lived in this house. She died in 1718.Now whoever lives in this house is CURSED!

‘This is our new house! Come on Claire take a look.’
‘No!’ I am angry that we had to move, but I didn’t want to live in a cardboard box. ‘This house smells like dead fish heads!’ Don’t get me wrong, but this house was scary as my teacher Ms Quail! ‘Where is my room?’ ‘Up stairs,’ said dad. I heard a squeaking sound. Now I was scared.
‘Help!’ yelled my stepmother. My real mother died at the hospital. When I ran down stairs I only saw my pet pig Babe. ‘Where are they boy?’ Babe looked upwards. Then I saw something really scary! A ghost of a little girl! I grabbed Babe’s leash, put on his collar and ran for dear life! Babe was like a dog, with no fur. The ghost was still chasing us! When I was little I was scared of these types of houses! Haunted houses! I realised that they say if you are not scared you could get rid of a curse!

Well it was worth a try. I stood up straight and yelled ‘I am not afraid!’ Suddenly there was a bursting sound and then the ghost was gone. The town was bright & happy! ‘Clair?’ ‘Mum!’ ‘Claire your father is hurt.’ We rushed him to the hospital.

It turns out dad only had a small cut. After that we always believed in haunted houses. Also I didn’t have a FEAR in haunted houses ever again!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!