ATTACKED! Or Was I?

On an island in the middle of the ocean sat an orphanage. Fall of small children with no one to love them. A lot of their parents died because of the war, so the children were sent to this lonely island.

One girl in particular missed her parents very much. She was only seven. Her name was Jorji. She sat on her hard bed in the orphanage, staring out the window. Her plaited hair and brown dress were flowing slightly by the draught in the room. It was now bedtime. She laid her head gently on the pillow and drifted off to sleep.

Jorji woke up early the next morning. All the other children were still asleep. The weather was lovely outside, so she crept out and headed down to the beach.
When she got there she sat on the warm sand. The cool, ocean breeze was blowing on her face and down her back as she thought of what to do.

She made a sandcastle of a grand palace and knocked it down again. She played and splashed about in the water, her clothes drenched.
Suddenly the tide was going out very quickly. Two teenagers on their bikes came to her and said,
“Hey, go home! Didn’t you hear about the weather?”
“I don’t care!” She replied folding her arms. The boys shrugged and rode off quickly.
Behind Jorji a huge wave was forming. She didn’t even notice. It soon became a tsunami and people were running into their houses.
Jorji slowly turned around as it came pouring down on her. She took a in large breath as she was pushed under the cold, icy water. She couldn’t breathe and started to panic.
Then ever so slowly she shut her eyes and lost all feeling.

She washed up on the shore some time later. Her heart was still and her lungs were filled with water. She didn’t move a muscle…she was dead.

“Argh!” Jorji screamed. She was sitting up in her bed at the orphanage. All the children were staring at her. It was only a nightmare.
“I won’t be going to the beach after all,” she whispered as she slumped back into her bed.
Jorji then knew never to sneak out and not go out alone ever again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!