Katie.VS.Ranger


KATIE VS RANGER


“Meow, Meow,” said the cat.”Alright, I’ll get you some biscuits, but only,” Katie said,” but only…” Suddenly, Katie heard a growl coming from behind the fence. Wait, by the way, before I continue, I must say the cat’s name is Kit Kat. Now, where was I? Oh yeah, there was a growl. A dog came running towards them in a hurry and behind the dog was a ranger.
He was wearing a black coat with odd boots, a hook instead of a hand and lots of bugs on his face. Katie thought he was so hideous he would have to be arrested. “Come here you dog and you brat get out of my way!” the ranger growled. ‘Poor dog, why would you do such a thing?” Katie asked.
“Because I’m a ranger and rangers catch dogs,” he said.
“This is an innocent dog!” Katie yelled.
“Well this innocent dog is about to die!” he said.
“NO!” Katie said and before the ranger said anything else, Katie kicked him in the knee and picked up the dog and Kit Kat and they ran away from the evil man.

“Come back here you rascal or I will…….” Katie was too far away to hear what he had to say. She was already out of town. Finally, she stopped and turned around. She lost track of him. Then she realized she was at the train stop. She sat down on a bench and noticed there was a suitcase, glasses and also a train ticket and of course, Katie needed all these things.
She needed the suitcase to put Kit Kat and the dog in, the glasses so she would not be recognized by the ranger and the ticket to get on the train.
She did all these things and went on the train.
On the train she noticed there was a newspaper on the floor. The headline was “RANGER ESCAPED FROM JAIL.” “That ranger I was chased by would be the one out of jail”, Katie thought.” He is coming to get me.” Let me just tell you something about rangers. They can smell peoples scent from miles away so that means he can smell Katie’s.
“Come out, come out wherever you are,” the ranger said. He followed it up with the expression,” I’m going to find you, and then “you can run but you can’t hide!”

The ranger was only six metres away from Katie so she climbed to a cardboard box near by and opened the suitcase to see Kit Kat and dog again.
“I think I know what to call you” she whispered.” Ketchup. Nice name, huh? Now keep quiet,” Katie said.

Suddenly, the box opened. Katie saw the ranger once again and she stepped outside the box.” I’ve got you now little girl,” he said.
“Oh ,no you have not,” said a voice from behind.” we are the police so come with us or else.”
“Ok,” the ranger said. “I’ll get you next time. Rangers never give up.”
“Don’t worry kid ,your troubles are all over” said the police officer and the police officer was right. It was all over.

BY BEC MEAGHER 5L

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!