Jodie And Her Goldfish

In a little street in London one snowy, cold winter’s Sunday morning when flakes of snow were falling on strange small cottages, one cottage looked much grander than any other. This cottage was the home of Mr. and Mrs. Catfield. Mrs. Catfield had a job in the centre of London and every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday she drove to work in her black limousine. Mr. Catfield, on the other hand was old and did not work any more. This particular Sunday, after Mrs. Catfield had left for work, Mr. Catfield could not find his cat, Tilly. He searched all around his garden but there was still no sign of her.
“Tilly, Tilly, Tilly!” he shouted, “where are you?” There was no response. Eventually he decided to take a stroll down the street with a cup of coffee in hand to see if Tilly was in the garden of any neighbours.
Next door lived Jodie, her five brothers, two sisters and her mother and father. As Mr. Catfield walked by, he saw Jodie at the end of her garden digging a large hole. Mr. Catfield stopped and said, “Hello Jodie, what are you doing there?”
“Hello, Mr. Catfield, I am burying my goldfish”, Jodie replied sadly. “Oh, that’s sad Jodie, but then again it is only a goldfish”. Mr. Catfield stepped forward and looked at the hole Jodie was digging. “Why are you digging such a large hole for a tiny goldfish, Jodie?”
“BECAUSE IT’S INSIDE YOUR HORRIBLE CAT!” shrieked Jodie.
Mr. Catfield gulped his coffee and almost choked on it………

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!