Death Comes Sooner

She is dying, dying at only fifteen years old.
She has cancer and the doctor says she has only three weeks left.
Her parents are struggling, financially and emotionally.
They blame themselves for they cannot pay for the surgery.
She wants it to end, her life to end and she has put up with enough.
Then her parents might stop crying every night when they think she is asleep.
They want a her to have a future, a future of happiness and not sorrow.
She will never have children, never try alcohol and never get married.
But as her life is ending, she decides to let death come sooner.
No one is in the hospital room with her.
At least she thinks suicide is better than dying of cancer.
And maybe her parents won’t feel so guilty.
As her last minutes tick by, she gets up out of bed and jumps out the window of the fifteen story hospital.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!