Win fabulous CASH PRIZES and have great fun with rhyming, sonneting or just plain lyrics!
Entry is NOW OPEN in the Write4fun Poetry Competition! Students all over Australia are invited to enter their poems, and battle it out for the awesome First Prize of $1000 and your choice of a Nintento Wii or an Apple Ipod Nano!
Poems can be on ANY TOPIC and in ANY FORM of poetry, ie; Freestyle, Rhyming, Haiku etc, but must not exceed 16 lines.
Entry is free and all entries must be in by 30th March, 2007.
One talented poet will receive $1000 as first prize (with $500 going to the winning school and $500 to the student) PLUS their choice of either a Nintento Wii or an Apple Ipod Nano! We will also be awarding 15 second prizes of $50 and 64 third prizes worth $25.
Poems entered into the competition will be considered for inclusion into our 2007 Poetry Anthology! Those selected will have the opportunity to purchase the edition at a discounted rate. First and Second Prize winners will receive a complimentary copy of the book.
“We are very excited to be sponsoring this competition”, stated Michelle Bell, Operations Manager for Write4fun. “Poetry is such a beautiful form of expression and is becoming continually more popular with the students.”
Only one entry per student
Entries to be typed or neatly hand written
Poems must not exceed 16 lines in length
Entries must be in by 30th March, 2007
17. The First prize is AUD$1000.00 to be divided AUD$500.00 to the school and
AUD$500.00 to the winning student plus their choice of either a Nintendo Wii or
an Apple Ipod Nano. There are 15 Second Prizes of AUD$50.00, which will be
awarded to the selected students. There are 64 Third Prizes worth AUD$25.00 which
will be awarded to the selected students.
1. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
2. All entrants must be currently enrolled and attending as students at the school under
which they enter.
3. Entries must not exceed 16 lines in length or 60 characters in width.
4. Hard copy entries are to be presented on one side of a single A4 size sheet of paper.
5. One entry per student only.
6. Co-written poems will be disqualified.
7. Entries are to be in no later than March 30, 2007.
8. Copying an existing poem is called plagiarising and it is against the law. If plagiarism occurs, the entrant will be disqualified and their parents and teachers notified. Write4Fun will not be held responsible for any plagiarised work entered
into the competition.
9. The poets’ name, age, address, grade level and school must appear on the page with the poem.
10. Write4Fun reserves the right to disqualify unsuitable entries.
11. All care will be taken but no responsibility will be accepted for any misplaced work.
12. No updated or revised versions of entries will be considered after initial entry.
13. All prizewinners will be notified by mail.
14. Entries will not be returned.
15. If insufficient entries have been received in the opinion of the organisers, Write4Fun
reserves the right to cancel the competition.
16. If the entries received are not suitable for publication, Write4Fun reserves the right not
to publish an anthology of poems.